Sunday, March 13, 2011


POLISH CHEESECAKE

I have been searching for the perfect cheesecake recipe that is lower in calories than the cream cheese ones that I have made. A friend made this version for me and I immediately got her recipe and started making it for family and friends. Enjoy!!!

24 ounces ricotta cheese
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla ( I used almond extract mainly because I love it!)
4 eggs
8 ounces sour cream ( I use light)
1/2 lemon....zest of (optional)
10 gingersnaps

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Generously butter a 9 inch spring form pan
3. Grind gingersnaps into fine crumbs and dust the bottom and sides of the pan with the crumbs.
4. Beat cheese. Add sugar. Beat until light and feathery.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each one.
6. Beat in vanilla ,(or almond) sour cream, and lemon zest
7. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle the top with more gingersnap crumbs if desired.
8. Bake for 1 hour ( center should be firm)
9. When cake is done, turn off the heat and leave the in the oven for 40 minutes with the oven door closed.
10. Remove and let stand until cool. Refrigerate.
11. Top with fruit if desired. Remove sides of pan before serving.








No comments:

Post a Comment